Friday, April 24, 2009

Things I've done on Week 17

My second posting of the day. There wasn't news on my stitching lately because I have been stitching for exchanges. I've completed finishing for my Sweet MA, mailing due on June 10 as well as started work on my Rose MA, mailing due July 31. As usual, I can't show, only offered a little peek in my earlier post.

I also stitched this, a freebie design completed it into a floss tag. I took only part of the freebie design. I can't find the link to this freebie to give its due credits now. What you see beneath that is the backing fabric.


Made a 4 patch pincushion finishing it with ribbons and a little 'Just For You' star charm.
Went hunting for a card and a stencil template and found a table center piece , I am not sure the name for that type of needlework but think Jess would like it caused she is into all things quilting. Wished there was a red and white piece. Mailed it on Monday, destination - Australia and prayed hard that it will reach her today.
Got my prayers answered. Received word from Jess this morning that the package arrived ! Hooray! Confession, I stole the photo from Jess;P
Happy Birthday, Jess and a wonderful weekend
I also sent Dawn this went I found out that I had a second chart sitting among my stash..lol...can't recalled how I come to owing 2 of the same chart. Glad it arrived safely. This took exactly 14 days to travel.
On Wednesday, I was on 1 day's leave, a sick leave due to an eye infection. Must be all the dust from the renovation in the office. This is what I made for lunch. Wanted a quickie so that I can do some stitching later, instead I was in slumber land till time to get dinner ready. haiz.
Dory fritters, onion rings and some left over stored bought fries to go with chunky chicken Spaghetti bolognise.
A new start, Michael Powell's Lighthouse. Here's the result after a couple of hours on 3 separate nites and some amount of frogging. Thot this will be a quick finish...now, I doubt it.Another must get it done! Tax day, filing of personal tax end of this month. Got some bills missing....been searching for days...when I don't need it, I see it and when I need it, I can't find it...'sigh' My patient is being tested.
Thank you for visiting me, have a lovely weekend everyone.

9 comments:

Dawn B. said...

I love the cat floss tag,,but did you dought I would....LOL
My taxes have been done for months now but I know how you fell about not finding somthing when you are looking for it. I look forwrad to starting the Dream Catcher and Thanks once agian.

Mylene said...

The floss tag is sooooo cute. I am sure the reciever loves it.

The food looks yummy!

Have a wonderful weekend too!

Ranae said...

Love the floss tag, I want to say it is a French design. I have it somewhere I believe.
And oh my gosh! I have Dream Catchers and I swear it is a 20 year old WIP, and it's almost done too.
Those onion rings sure look good.
Yummy food!

Zoe said...

Cute floss tag. Cute little kitties:) Good luck with the lighthouse design.

Jackie said...

Love the floss tag, the chosen gifts and the pin cushions too.

Anonymous said...

That is a good looking photo ;-)
Not a bad looking choc cake either!
Jess.

Cindy said...

I like the way you finished the floss tag. Its so lovely. The whole package was really great! Yummy food too :)

Brigitte said...

Oh what a cute floss tag. And I also love your new start.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your floss tag turned out lovely! Great start on that Michael Powell!