Friday, March 27, 2009

Quartet Exchange - final chapter

Drool on these everyone, aren't it just simply amazing and fabulous ?? From two wonderful ladies, I am so blown away . The arrival of these completes our Quartet Exchange at Where Stitchers Gather group.
From Margaret W, a Peek-a-boo pincushion, by Indigo Rose , arrived on Wednesday. I must confessed that I have never seen such finishing before until now. Its just simply awesome from the stitches to the finishing.The goodies that came from Margaret
From June T, came last nite specially arranged by hand delivery, it a strawberry pincushion, Blackbird design. I had wanted to make one for so long but never got around to it and was indeed thrilled to see this .the goodies are part of June's purchases on her trip to Sydney recently and included is the black and white fabric with laces print shown here by Matatabi, from Japan

I feel so ashamed with my exchange gift to them, it seems so inadequate compared to what I have received.
Words alone is insufficient to thank BJ, June and Margaret W but thank you I must, ladies.


I did a little progress on my Rainfell, that was on Tuesday nite and I forgot to take a picture of it, migraine came to visit on the following 2 days, I sustained without medication, I think I won the battle, I am feeling much better today, at least no more pounding in my head. Then agin, the office is currently undergoing some renovation at the pantry area and I am hearing another kind of pounding :{
The weather today.
The sky from my office window facing North at 10am, thick clouds and usually means that rain will come, only a matter of time.
Cindy, you asked about the pinwheel? I glued and sew the pinwheel casing onto the pincushion.
Thank you Margaret, finger is good now, great to hear from you.
I wished you all a great day and a great weekend and appreciate your visits and comments. Thanks!

9 comments:

Janet C said...

Lovely exchanges you got there!
BTW, thanks for visiting my blog. *_^

mainely stitching said...

WOW those are some astoundingly gorgeous finishes!!!!

Margaret said...

These are such lovely exchanges. You can tell they have been stitched with love and care for a special friend.

Your blog is always a joy to read Lillie and you have been awarded the 'Kreativ Blogger' award. Please check my latest post.

Brigitte said...

Wow, I haven't seen such a sewing book finishing before. It's stunning and so creative. Perfectly stitched and finished.
And the strawberry looks gorgeous, too. Enjoy all your new goodies.

Jackie said...

those are lovely gifts, and i love exchange too, it never fails to bring me surprises, and i love it.

Mylene said...

wow! such great exchanges!

Carmen said...

beautiful exchanges,i love the pincushion peeckaboo

Dawn B. said...

Two great exchanges and the weather seams to be getting better.

Aw said...

lovely finishing of the exchange. I have never attempted all the lovely things like that.