Lately, grey skies greeted me on most mornings and times, the rain
I took a day off on Thursday and travelled to Kuala Kubu Bahru, I had an appointment with the area Assemblyman there. Kuala Kubu Bahru, a sleepy little town approximately an hour's drive North from my home. The town has a little history itself. Previously, called Kuala Kubu until February 1883, the town was destroyed by a great flood caused by a broken dam nearby. Many of civilians were drowned and lost their home. Among others included a district officer of Kuala Kubu during the British era named Sir Cecil Ranking. The town was so severely flooded that most of the old town's facilities were damaged beyond repair. The British government decided to build a new town on top of a hill near the old town and named it Kuala Kubu Bahru, with Bahru meaning "new" in the Malay language. I am so drawn to this town on top of the hill, it gives me a feeling of serenity and peacefulness.

Spotted, on the left picture is one of the many old buildings associated by the British era, by the looks of its architecture, like all old buildings, a new structure has been added as time goes by.
The main street, consist of double storey shop houses. The pavement was resurfaced during the 80's replacing the old road. Weekday, 10am, the main street looking unusually 'empty'. There were cars zooming by alright but its a rare sight to me.
While searching for the office, I caught sight of this monument, (can't ignore) my car was parked right in front of it. I whipped out my handphone like a cowboy would with his gun and ' snap', quickly. The inscription on the stone reads, "In Commemorate the Coronation of King Henry VI and Queen Elizabeth" can't remember if there was a date. Any way, I arrived at the wrong office building and I had to moved on as I haven't much time left. Its such a lousy picture and the only one I had taken.

I must comeback and check the town out thoroughly. I heard there was the grave where the hand of Sir Cecil Ranking was buried and his grave site that reads something like "Here lies the hand of Sir Cecil Ranking". Curious? and there's a waterfall somewhere. This I was told by DH. He was schooled somewhere on this hill. So next time maybe.
Next I want to show off this beautiful Mail Art stitched by Laurence, of France, her choiced design is from LHN for Mail Art Exchange with HoE. Came yesterday. Thank you so much, Laurence. I loved it. My photo editing on my pc is not cooperating with me, regretted for the blurry photos here
I had nothing to show on my WIPs this week. Had some troubling issues in mind and it drains me out, wasn't in a mood to stitch except on the nite before my trip, I started my Abor Day Exchange piece. At times like this, the only thing that is able to draw me out to stitch is when there is an impending dateline to meet, I must say it was good, it took my mind off things for a while.
Weekend is here again, have a good and lovely weekend and thank you for your visits.
If you had asked me something in my previous post, I am sorry to not reply now but in my next posting, OK.
View from my office window on Monday morning


A snow scene would be more pleasing, wouldn't you agree?
A snow scene would be more pleasing, wouldn't you agree?
This morning
I took a day off on Thursday and travelled to Kuala Kubu Bahru, I had an appointment with the area Assemblyman there. Kuala Kubu Bahru, a sleepy little town approximately an hour's drive North from my home. The town has a little history itself. Previously, called Kuala Kubu until February 1883, the town was destroyed by a great flood caused by a broken dam nearby. Many of civilians were drowned and lost their home. Among others included a district officer of Kuala Kubu during the British era named Sir Cecil Ranking. The town was so severely flooded that most of the old town's facilities were damaged beyond repair. The British government decided to build a new town on top of a hill near the old town and named it Kuala Kubu Bahru, with Bahru meaning "new" in the Malay language. I am so drawn to this town on top of the hill, it gives me a feeling of serenity and peacefulness.
Spotted, on the left picture is one of the many old buildings associated by the British era, by the looks of its architecture, like all old buildings, a new structure has been added as time goes by.
The main street, consist of double storey shop houses. The pavement was resurfaced during the 80's replacing the old road. Weekday, 10am, the main street looking unusually 'empty'. There were cars zooming by alright but its a rare sight to me.
While searching for the office, I caught sight of this monument, (can't ignore) my car was parked right in front of it. I whipped out my handphone like a cowboy would with his gun and ' snap', quickly. The inscription on the stone reads, "In Commemorate the Coronation of King Henry VI and Queen Elizabeth" can't remember if there was a date. Any way, I arrived at the wrong office building and I had to moved on as I haven't much time left. Its such a lousy picture and the only one I had taken.
I must comeback and check the town out thoroughly. I heard there was the grave where the hand of Sir Cecil Ranking was buried and his grave site that reads something like "Here lies the hand of Sir Cecil Ranking". Curious? and there's a waterfall somewhere. This I was told by DH. He was schooled somewhere on this hill. So next time maybe.
Next I want to show off this beautiful Mail Art stitched by Laurence, of France, her choiced design is from LHN for Mail Art Exchange with HoE. Came yesterday. Thank you so much, Laurence. I loved it. My photo editing on my pc is not cooperating with me, regretted for the blurry photos here


Weekend is here again, have a good and lovely weekend and thank you for your visits.
If you had asked me something in my previous post, I am sorry to not reply now but in my next posting, OK.
5 comments:
Hope you get back to that lovely little town and are able to get some pictures. I lose my stitching mojo and it usually happens when I finally have time to sit and stitch. LOL HOpe things settle down for you so you can relax and stitch soon.
Nice little town. A great change from all the skyscrappers we see everyday :)
i love raining days. it's getting warmer each day here.
Sorry it has been so long since I dropped by Lillie. The start of this year seems to have given me little time for blogging & commenting.
I've just been reading all your recent posts. Certainly hope your finger is all healed now. What can a stitcher do with a sore finger?
Your stitching has been lovely as usual and I hope you are also enjoying your sewing.
What a pretty place you recently visited. I'll bet you go again soon.
This sounds like a quaint little town. I so hope you can get back. Lovely MA you recived.
Post a Comment