Thursday, January 01, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL
Wish you success, luck and a prosperous year
in 2009


A Needlewomen's Agreement

I shall begin my first New Year posting with the Quartet Exchange, an idea by Barbara J , where Margaret W, June, BJ and I entered in March last year with a time frame of one year.

No doubt, BJ was the first to deliver, each of us received a beautiful stitched up box. I can never compete with that, the finishing was fabulous and the box was awesome. The hardest part was deciding what is to come from me.

I ponder and ponder! Believed me, it was not easy. I finally came up with these, and my choice of design for each individual piece, nothing as grand as BJ's and I hoped no one is disappointed to receive from me.
For June, something very French inspired, in Reds, the design is by Aunts Attic, stitched with DMC 115 variegated
For BJ, something very Black Bird inspired, only, this design is by Marlies Meyer
For Margaret W, something in her favourite color~ pink, a Gail Bussi design. I lost the picture of this and so shamefully needed Margaret to sent me a picture.

I hoped I am not wrong with the choices I've made for each of you.
Thank you so much Margaret, for the photo. ;P

Thank you for stopping by.

edited : at 11:12pm

8 comments:

Barbara J said...

I AM very happy with the lovely needleroll I received for the Quartet Exchange.

I believe Margaret came up with the idea of the exchange and I just coined a name for it :p

Thank you so much and a Happy New Year to you!

mainely stitching said...

Wonderfully beautiful needlerolls! :D

Mylene said...

WOW! Such beautiful needlerolls!!

Happy New Year to you and your family!!

Aw said...

good idea of exchange....all is lovely.

Margaret wong said...

I love the neddleroll you sent me, Lillie. Being the first one to receive it, I had a hard time keeping it to myself as I didn't want to spoil the surprise for the others. The heat is on me now.....I am only doing the first one and 2 more to go!!! :D

Janet C said...

Wow, the rolls are so lovely and trimming matches the stitching too! Where did you get that trim for June's roll - dark coloured lace trim are so hard to come by?
Happy New Year to you.

Sharon said...

Happy New Year Lillie! Beautiful needlerolls.

Ranae said...

Wow! Those are beautiful needlerools, those ladies sure are lucky to receive them.
I still have to tackle that one.. making a needleroll
Happy stitchy 2009!!