Friday, January 09, 2009

I am back !!

We had a good trip and I enjoyed the holidays. We had to cut short of one destination, to the East Coast for fear of floods. The school reopens on Jan 5 and so did work. Was kinda preoccupied with work and another mad rush to clear things off before the next festivity holidays coming up at the end of this month and thus, the none posting until now.

And since I have yet to take photos of the little stitching that I managed during the holidays, I shall put up a little peek into my trip.

First Destination, Fraser's Hill. Name after is founder, its a serene and quiet little town, more well known to golfer's for its 18 holes course which stood surrounded in a very English landscape and cool mountain air The road up the little hill top was winding, about 8 km with 2 km opens to one way traffic only. Even hours up and odd hours down..or was it vise versa?? Anyway, its been a while since I was last here. It remained pretty much the same nothing seems to have changed. However, its currently undergoing a massive facelift. I think this place would be worth a visit in about a year or two.
The little time square is the first thing one wilk see upon arrival
Below is the interior of Shahzan Inn, formally known as Merlin Inn with very minor Christmas Deco, there wasn't a big crowdSight of Morning glory blooming in the morning. It has been allowed to grow and bloom beautifully
and the roses
caught sight of these and the lovely scent of roses, I would loved to have these roses plated in my front lawn if only I had a house on one of these hilly places ....lol
Kinda reminds me of Poisettia..it does look like one from a far, only these are the leaves in redMy most favourite house, if only its mine to own

Destination No 2 @ Cameron HighlandsWe made another to trip to Cameron Highland in a different season from last year. Its the raining season and when it rains, highlands rained too, its much cooler with very minimal of sun
Bee Hives on a slope of a hill, our first stop for some honey.

Another must stop is the Big Red Strawberry Farm. Last year we found lots of red yummy strawberries, but this time, most are still green or just turning red, and the kids indulgence
Bowl of Strawberries Cream
Fried Ice-cream.....whole scoop of strawberry ice-cream inside the crust
Waffle and Ice cream with strawberries
Eat all you can in one serving, salad laid with fresh strawberries, tomatoes and fresh vegetables

Tucked away from the main road we found this place on our last trip here. Its Steamboat dinner at SG Kaye Estate. It had a beautiful garden theme ambience's. We ordered four servings for five but this could easily feed six to seven persons . Its speciality, steamboat first, porriage last.
From the Cactus Valley, a street market where farm fresh are available, corns, sweet potatoes, honey, strawberry, homemade jams, flowers fruits are great finds besides little souvenirs.
Fresh cut of flowers are all year long, rain or shine, in vibrant colors, and seasons don't seems to matter here. One of my favourite sight. I'll leave you with photos from the market Tea breaks at one of the many tea house available along the road. Many built to overlook the tea plantations. I still like the Tea House on Boh Plantation. Take a sip, sit back, relax and enjoy the cool air
Hoped you enjoy the little tour and have a good weekend everyone.

9 comments:

Margaret said...

I'm sorry it has been so long since I visited. Now that we are pretty well settled in here in The Netherlands I should have more time to visit.

What a wonderful trip you had and such amazing pictures. I felt I was traveling along with you. Thank you!!

Wishing you and all your loved ones a very happy and healthy 2009.

Dawn B. said...

Thanks for taking me on this little trip. Everything is so colorful, beautiful and good food. I can see why you like it.

nela said...

Hello Lillie .. felicidades is a wonderful trip, to participate in the giveaway1 must publish in your blog about the competition, the image of the cat cn link to my blog.

Brigitte said...

Wonderful pictures! I was particularly enjoying all the great flower pictures as at the moment we have snow and arctic temperatures here, so no flowers or green meadowns.

mainely stitching said...

What a visual feast!!!

LODY said...

I enjoyed browsing all the pics but hard to decide which one is my fave... the sceneries are breathtaking, the market is awesome, and the food are motuh watering... LOL
It's so nice to see something different from the "white world" (snowy ground) am into at the moment.

Mylene said...

WOW! Great pictures, Lillie. Thanks for sharing.

Lennu said...

Wonderful photos, thanks so much for sharing! It's great to see these summer photos in the middle of our winter :)

Cindy said...

Not been to both highland yet. Thanks for sharing those beautiful pictures. Must visit one day...