Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The last of my stitching

This is a long overdue post. I came back from the holidays to find myself having just 3 weeks before the next holidays. Its the Chinese New Year or Spring Festival which is a biggie here and due on January 26. There is so much to do and so little time.

Here are some of my holiday stitching before year 2009

Daffycat's Raindeer . I've yet to add a bell. Loved this Raindeer, she looks so happy. Thank you Sharon for sharing this design of yours.
Love Birds in red and I did another one with birds too but only recently. No showing too much yet as both are for exchanges.
Windy Willow design, already own
Was working this with a theme in mind. Its done now. No revealing yet

Finally, the long awaited NRR came....a very long overdue NRR. Its been like 2 years and I've changed designers so many times until I've lost count. Almost gave up of waiting too. When it finally came, I picked the design by Cross Country Stitching (June 2008) who designed the house including the picket fence. I loved those brick walls. Had to omit one side of the picket fence next to the house to ensure I don't encroached into the neighbour's land. I regretted that decision.

My final touch is the Willow tree, from LHN design - named Patient and planted next to the house. A little birdie seems to be visiting since. One major change I made is the roof color.
Its done but am not too pleased with the results.

The entire view of Margaret's estate. Happy to say that this is already home at Margaret's. While my baby is yet to come home.

Thank you for stopping by and have a good week ahead.

8 comments:

Nima said...

wow...cute finishes. Me too wanted to stitch daffycats reindeer, it is so pretty.

I just loved the NRR.

staci said...

All of your stitching looks lovely! Keep up the fantastic work!!!

Mylene said...

Lovely finishes, Lillie! I think the one you stitched for RR looks great.
Hope all goes well with the preparations for the festivals.

Daffycat said...

Lovely stitching, Lillie! Especially the reindeer! That has been one very popular design! :op

Unknown said...

Very nice finishes and I like your NRR, it turned out good. :)

Sharon said...

Beautiful finishes!

LODY said...

fabulous finishes as always! i love your RR very much.:)

Dawn B. said...

Everything looks great. I think your little house turned out fabulous.