
I wish you a wonderful
Christmas this season,
Happy Holidays
AND
A Very Happy New Year
to all
Goodbye 2008 and Hello 2009
Much of this year has been spent supporting Vincent and Diane in their various activities, just like the previous years except that Vincent is doing pre-U while Diane entered Secondary School.
Vincent was noted to be more active by participating in marathons run, took part in the Merdeka celebration, joined his college's swimming club and ventured in teaching Taekwando, teaching what he called kindergarten kids (pre-school kids). Vincent holds a 2nd Dan Black Belt. Completed his pre-U exam only recently and while waiting for his results, will be going for his driving test, the much awaited one.
Diane has settled well at her new school, got herself into a couple of school activities, such as the Red Crescent, went for Choral Speaking, got elected as Student Counselor in her school, which means she will be wearing the new school uniforms in lilac and black skirt to distinguished her from the normal students and prefects next year. Most importantly, she finally agreed to continue with her piano lesson doing Yamaha Grade 5, a diploma equivalent. Already in Grade 7 on ABRSM, next exam due in August 2009.
I've survived another year, at work and in life . There was some health issues during the year. I did the most exchanges and Mail Arts which I enjoyed tremendously as well as got to know a lot of wonderful crafters from around the world and learned a couple of new finishing style in the process. Hopefully next year will be more of me time, I know I said that last year, thus, the word hopefully but seriously, it will be less for exchanges. Enjoyed a couple of short holidays with the family and had some wonderful me time with my girlfriends too. I've completed a number of projects, such as the Old Sampler, PIF, Quartet Exchange and a couple of smalls.
The economic situation apparently looks grim for next year, as the world economy is predicted to continue to collapse. Already we are feeling the pinched. Investors are reluctant to proceed while some are just sitting on the fence. It's not something that we can ignore when threats are at your doorstep.
I guessed, we will all have to adapt to this and be prepared to be in a better position to prosper during a recession.
image by crewsnest.vispa.com
2 comments:
Hi Lillie,
Merry Christmas to you and your famly.
Thank you for passing by my blog. I'm using this blog to track my favorite crafty blogs.I'm still using MSN as my stitchy blog...actually thinking of moving it as well.
Have a nice festive season
Merry Christmas and best wishes for the new year.
Post a Comment