Monday, November 10, 2008

Japan Charity Fiesta and Bazaar

held at Nikko Hotel is where Ling, Diane and me went last Sunday. Its an annual affair for 36 years offering Japanese stitched handicrafts made by Japanese expatriates for sale which marked my first attendance because I always forgot about it either from trying too hard remember or just simply got something else on that day. Its a one day event and opens 4 hours only which both Ling and I wondered why such short period for such an event. This year the Summer festival, Ennichi is introduced. According to its writeup, its a happy event in Japan and people celebrated it by playing games on prominent roads filled with food stalls.


Our finds ? I shall leave you with photos from the bazaar, will have to excuse me for some out of focus pictures, coz' most were taken quickly and hastily before the items disappeared from my focus.
These are how the items for sale are on displayed. We had to grab anything that caught our eyes before it disappeared from right under our nose..LOL
This stall has all the Christmas ornaments...most lovely.
People trying out the Summer Kimonos, Yukata? for a small fee or rather a small contribution for charity.
Japanese Tea ceremony in progress. There was a session on how to make personal calender and photo portraits, not too sure what its about coz' I just couldn't locate it. Maybe I missed it .
Spotted an Etui box
Diane playing one of the Japanese game, where one had to scope those colored balls using a paper ring..did she get any??...well look at her bowl and her torn ring......LOL....its not easy she says...but there was a five year old who scooped up 3 colored balls!

Ling and me with our bags of goodies...err....contributions for charity..LOL
We were there like for 3 hours and by then most items are alllll.. sold out, now we know why its only held for 4 hours! LOL
Our lunch purchased from the 'stalls' and to rest our feet!

Diane went off on her own for a couple of minutes and came back with her finds, pretty bookmarks and soap with Japanese and Christmas designs.
These boots are made for walking...........? in Diane's case....performing.............LOL
Ling and me parted ways after the bazaar. Diane and me headed to Sg Wang shopping complex and went boot hunting and some accessories for her musical concert due on December 7. I think these performing girls, all 7 have somehow not only voted for a black and white..or Gothic theme as they called it, its an opportunity to get their parents to get them THE boots'!!! The one Diane had chosen came with some bling-bling and butterflies print and a hole in my pocket....on the other hand, Mmmmm.......think I am going to give the bill to her Dad. LOL!


G

I have no stitching in progress to show because I came down with an eye infection followed with migraine that seems not to go away for many days. Well, it served me right, I had ignored its early symptoms somehow since its been some many good months that I had not had an attack. I seems to have forgot.


Here's a package for my HOE Christmas Ornament Exchange which is already on its way to my partner. Will reveal once it arrived.








Thank you for coming by, hoped you enjoy looking at the things from the charity bazaar. I was hoping to find an all Japanese crafting event with craft books but it seems that the bazaar had about 14 charitable organisations participating besides about 30 commercial participants. And there was not craft books, but we had a good time and some good haul.

6 comments:

mainely stitching said...

Looks like it was a very exciting day out!

Dawn B. said...

Wow..now after seeing all the great photos I wished I could have gone with you. Great looking boots as well. Great finds and can't wait to see what the package holds.

Mylene said...

Sounds like you had all a wonderful day and wow! such great finds! Enjoy.

nela said...

que de teimpo tenia que no pasaba por aca... veo que ahora tienes cosas muy hermosas... felicidades lily... siempre que veo mis postales te recuerdo...
besos nela

Cindy said...

Oh...I wished I was there too..

Anonymous said...

Wow!!Excelent day!!
Japanese YUKATA,games,bookmarks are so beautiful!and they are very popular.
Thanks sharing photos!