Thursday, October 30, 2008

Rose Sampler and a secret project

My progress of EMS Rose Sampler todate and some yarn stash. I will have to blame Aw , I see her stashing a lot on yarns and knitting books of lately and in a way enabling me to stash too ;)

TROPIC, made in Spain, its 70% acrilico Microfibra and 30% cotton. I will most probably crochet and not knit on this.

A secret stitching project revealed
Remembrance, is the chart name by Midsummer Night Design, our gift for Margaret W, who lost her mom not so long ago. BJ, June, Jess and me took turns to stitched and it traveled from here to downunder and back.

This is part 3, left veins done by me before it went to Jess.
Part 1 - lower half stitched by BJ, Part 2 - upper half by June and Part 3 - left veins by me
Final Part 4 - right veins stitched by Jess in down under, now completed and delivered. Mission accomplished!
Thank you Jess for a photo of the completed piece!


Wanna bento? Then, check this out Emily's Busy World. Wonderful read and win yourself some bento, see post dated 19 October, you've got now till December 1st.


9 comments:

Dawn B. said...

The EMS rose sampler is looking great. Love the one you all stitched on.Very nice job by all.

Aw said...

OPPSS.....YARN BUGS FLYING TO KL....:-) do you buy from LYS? costly?
BTW: sorry that I did not contact you while I was in KL last week, not very "fruitful" and get ourselves tight up in clinic (went for eye check up), nursery (for elderly).. I went to Joanne house to see her new knitting magazine from Japan last night. Enjoy and looking forward to seeing your crochet project :-)

staci said...

Your secret project is stunning! I love it. Looking forward to seeing what you crochet with that lovely navy yarn!

Mylene said...

The rose sampler is looking lovely.

wow! that looks great, your secret stitching project.

LODY said...

love the EMS and yans... but i have to admit i love the "remembrance" piece the most. that was so nice of all of you to stitch it for margaret. i bet she's so happy and touched about this surprise.:) hugs!

Janet C said...

Saw the 'rememberance' IRL. Lovely indeed and so sweet of all of you to do it for MW.

Anonymous said...

It's nice to look back at "Rememberence." That navy yarn is a very elegant colour.
Jess.

Lennu said...

Your secret project is wonderful, what a beautiful thought and such a beautiful verse!

Your rose sampler is looking great :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

You've picked a fantastic colour for your EMS sampler!

What a great sentiment for your friend!