Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Surprise from Janet

A surprise envie from Janet C, thank you so much Janet for the lovely fabric..sure looks yummy.Reveal day !! The package from Margaret W, a lady who does absolutely fabulous needlework, made this beautiful pillow. The sweet backing fabric with both our initials
The whole contents of Margaret's gift, beads and eyelets included.

That big colorful thing with Japanese wordings across is a craft book which is similar to crazy quilts? something I had always wanted to try out but never did. Had always admired Pamela Kellogg's designs. Looks like Margaret been reading my mind? I had encounter books of its kind like forever but never got the guts to buy, always feared that I will never be able to take up the crafts, now I got a reason not to. Thank you so much, Margaret.

A sneak preview of the book inside.
Now, am not revealing too much, coz I recently signed up for a Whimsy Jar Exchange and a Flower pincushion Exchange at NNC and my idea will be coming from this book, well, kind of ;)





6 comments:

Daffycat said...

Nice fabric! What beautiful gifts from Margaret. I love that cushion!

Aw said...

very detailed description of your trip with nice photos....I am "wordless" to describe and even lazy to take photo as well :-)
Beautiful gift from MW, and she is very good in craft book selection. very nich needlework. So does it means ...Belated Happy Birthday Wish?

all the bess
aw

Janet C said...

You'll welcome.
MW's book is very victoriana (not sure bow to spell).

Dawn B. said...

I too have admired Pamilla's stuff. I know you can do something as great if not better. You are armed with a book now so good luck.
Watch out world here comes Lillie...LOL

staci said...

What a beautifully finished pillow!

Sharon said...

What a wonderful gift! Enjoy!