Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sea things and Prairie Schooler

I am so enchanted with my sea theme MA and absolutely no words to described this Mail Art that came from my fellow countryman..err..woman, Wendy C. She truly deserved the title 'Queen of MA' at our local stitching board, NNC and I think she deserved that title at Mail Art Friends too.
She has crafted the most amazing piece and another great additions to my MA collection. Wendy also sent along a silk (am I rite?) drawstring pouch and a chart from the Chinese legend 1,000 birds series.



HOE Prairie Schooler Exchange

What a surprised to receive from Edgar as my HoE Prairie Schooler Exchange partner. And it was only two days ago when my DD draws Edgar's name out for my giveaway. Edgar stitched me this wonderful piece and made into a gorgeous pinkeep. I loved the richly earthy colors of the house .Look at the goodies that Edgar had sent along. 2 pieces of cotton fabric, richly hues of brown fibers, a magnet with an amazing landscape and chocolate mint in altoid tin..wow, another to add to my collection. My DD is eyeing the chocolates thou...LOL
Wendy and Edgar, thank you so much for such a wonderful exchange and goodies that came.





What is this shell thing?
Anyone knows what this is? My aunt went to Nepal and brought me this, or was it Vietnam?


Many thanks to all who cameby and left me your sweet thoughts. You are much loved. I am so sorry that I seems not to have much time to leave any comments on your lovely works that I do so loved to visit, I have so little free time lately and what little time I had I used that to update my blog or to catch up with my mails which I don't seems to get to do much either.

I have not been personally stitching much for myself or what I stitched the progress is so minimal that its nothing good to show except only for exchanges which is a commitment that I must fulfilled and I enjoyed finishing up each and every piece of it .

Till my next post, have a good day and happy stitching.

9 comments:

Nima said...

I think that shell is the one called Shank that is used in Hindu temples. The one showed here is the decorated piece that we can see in the curio shops near temples in India. I think this must be from Nepal...

check this site to get an idea about what shank is...

http://www.p-g-a.org/lakshmi-shank.html
http://www.navaratna-museum.info/Shells.html

Janet C said...

Wendy is indeed the "Queen of MA". That's a beauty she stitched!
BTW, Happy Birthday and may all your wishes come true.

Edgar said...

I am so glad the pyn keepe arrived safely and you like it!!

Have a great weekend!

edgar

Charlene said...

Wendy really deserved the title of Queen of MA. The Sea MA look so beautiful and you are lucky Lillie.

Not forgetting, wish you a very Happy Birthday today. Hope you have a great day and many happy return.

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a most gorgeous piece of MA!!! I dont' think I've seen anying quite so lovely!

LODY said...

I agree, "Wendy, The Queen of MA's".. I just saw your MA at her blog and I was WOWed a lot... lol

Mylene said...

WOW! Those are great exchange pieces received. Enjoy!!

Dawn B. said...

The MA is the best and it's now yours. I'm jelious but happy for you.

trillium said...

This is an arotike conch. It's used to offer water during a Hindu ceremony called arotike (aarti).