Friday, August 22, 2008

A roll, a pincushion and a tag

This is what become of the design by Mary Beale's - Pocket Needlebook #2 Crochet and Cross stitch combo . Design is part of EMS Rose Sampler with very minor design change so to fit the surface of the basket.
I first crochet a basket, stitched up the design filled it up and tuck it into the basket and made into a pincushion which is for Margaret W's birthday today. We had a very very short meet on Wednesday which gives me the opportunity to hand delivered to her. Its nice to visit her again, wished I could have stayed longer and dig into her newly acquired stash brought home to her from Australia, London and Singapore recently, LOL!
Another floss tag, the design also came from the Rose Sampler. This is for Jackie, Margaret's sister.

Thank you everyone for coming by and leaving me your comments. Appreciate your visits.
I'm attending a potluck at Diane's music school tomorrow.

I wish you all a wonderful weekend !

14 comments:

Dawn T. said...

Oooo...I LOVE the pincushion! Fantastic job:)

mainely stitching said...

Very nice stitching and finishing!!

Biblo said...

What a pretty pincushion basket! MW must be really pleased...

Mylene said...

WOW! Thay are all gorgeous!! Well done, Lillie.

Have a nice weekend.

Charlene said...

Wow .. you have done a lot of finishing Lillie. I love the crochet and cross stitch combo ... lovely. Any tutorial for that .. but I think I have to learn crochet first .. :D

Dawn B. said...

Very nice finish..Love the idea of the crochet and stitching together. You are so talented. Glad you got to hand diliver it that is always the best.

Anonymous said...

Great finishes. I love pincushions of every kind.

Anonymous said...

Great finishes! I especially like your little crocheted basket :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

What lovely finishes!

Janet C said...

Fabulous! And the Rose Sampler is so versatile!

Veronica said...

Very pretty stitching and finishing, Lillie.

By the way, I've nominated you for a blog award. Check it out over at my blog :)

Sharon said...

Beautiful finishing Lillie!

Anonymous said...

What lovely finishes!
I like your basket!!Very lovely!!

Sharon said...

They are all beautiful!