Monday, January 07, 2008

The beginning ......

of 2008 came without a big 'bang' but rather crawled in slowly. I supposed the big bang will be the Chinese New Year due on 8th Feb. My first day into 2008 ended with a dinner organized by the Hokkien Association (a Chinese clan annual dinner of sort) whereby students who have excelled well academically are awarded for their success in 2007 and DD is one of the recipient. School started on Jan 3rd, a great relieved actually. DS is doing 2nd year STPM while DD entered Secondary. A new school and a new environment.

Crafting wise, already signed up for 4 exchanges, if I remembered correctly, excluding the birthday club and not forgetting there's the PIF. In 2008, I intend to complete a couple of my WIPs or rather the UFOs
I wanted to do less exchanges, my initial intention or rather spaced it out but looks like I did not do good at it..urmm...a couple of things waiting for completion and I do have a pretty good idea what's on my top list, my crochet thingy, that is if I can just get my head and hands to start working, hopefully by the next posting I have something to show. For now, this is my last exchange of the year which got me a little worried , for it took 23 days to receive word of its arrival .



Design by Anne-les-petites-croix made into a needlebook and a fob on evenweave with DMC Blanc flew to France on 14 Dec for Pantaleo S . I choose the bird as my piece for the fob. I forgot to takea photo of the back of the needle book which carries the initial "M" for miconnette and my initial "L" which are both our board names with EMS. I had not waited for the details which only came a week before the mailing date and by then this was already done and ready for mailing.

Unfortunately, mine never came.


I hoped everyone had a great start into 2008 and thank you so much for coming by. All of you have been great.
Have a good week everyone :D

12 comments:

Mylene said...

Congratulatons to your DD's achievements at school.
Your needlecase and scissor fob looks wonderful. That is one of my last finishes last month though haven't made it into something yet.

Dawn T. said...

Your needlebook and fob are gorgeous! Congrats to DD for her achievements:)

Anonymous said...

Lillie! My goodness... I received your SO CUTE doughnut in today's mail; thank you so much!!! It's really awesome :)

THANK YOU!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a beautiful exchange to send out!

Here's wishing you'll finish up a lot of WIP's in 2008!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year and congratulations to DD.

Dawn B. said...

Big congrats to DD and glad the gift arived even if it did take a while. Good luck with your goals for 2008.

Sharon said...

Congrats to your DD - you should be so proud! You must be doing something right as a Mama for her to accomplish so much!!
The needlebook is darling. Good luck on your needlework plans in
'08 !!!!

The Silver Thistle said...

Hello! I found your blog from Michelle's and just wanted to pop by and say 'Hi' and tell you how wonderful your little donut pincushions are! They're so great!

Carol said...

Wow Lily, that is a very pretty exchange you sent! I cannot wait to see what you send off for the scissor fob exchange this month :-)

Lennu said...

What a wonderful exchange! It's really beautiful, congratulations! Congratulations for your DD too :)

Sharon said...

Beautiful exchange! Congratulations to your DD! I know you are very proud.

Jane said...

That is a great exchange! Congrats to DD too!