Friday, July 06, 2007

July ?

Its the month of July ?? Time flies don't they. Am sharing here a secret project that I've started 2 weekends ag0(secret because I've been stitching secretly behind DH's back...its for him by the way...LOL) . Still unfinish today as I have yet to resume stitching. ......sigh......
Design : Waxing Moon - Good Sports

I've changed the fiber for the words to Carrie's Thread.

Also, I've promise someone that I'll share this too....

This was suppose to be my work in progress for year 2007 which I started sometime the 3rd week of February.......well....looks like its going towards to being 'A' unfinish.....its been some four months since

Its the EIGHT IMMORTALS (PINN) a 480w x 373w on a 14 ct Zweigart


What's the EIGHT IMMORTALS?

Considered patron Saints, a group of legendary beings based on historical characters from Chinese legends and were idolized and respected for their wisdom, humor and moral lessons. Each life form represents a different character such as poverty, wealth, aristocracy, youth, longivity, masculinity and feminity.

And now, my progress todate from a 20 page booklet ? Still on page 2 (minus page 1 which is a blank page - no stitches there) so actually its page 1 for me. ....when I first look at the chart to find a point to start, I went looking at all corners and don't find any particular hair or guy or robe that interest me...LOL....except 'Hor Sin Ku' the lady , which means I had to work bottom up and I don't fancy doing the clouds first or where she stood....so I stick with the chart .

The only thing that is done on page 2 is the 'tongkat' (walking stick) . That's the first 2 guys that I was / had to work on...and the fact that they don't looked gorgeous made it worse....LOL......Can't wait till I get to 'Hor Sin Ku' (will I?)who is the only female in the group..or is she? Look at the one holding a basket of flowers on the far right. Is he a he or a she?

Dear Ladies, Thank you for coming by and leaving me your comments. I hoped you all had a great 4th of July holiday...I know I'm late with my wishes but I do hoped that its a great day for all of you who had a holiday and enjoyed it.

Have a great weekend everyone.


8 comments:

Barbara J said...

I like that Waxing Moon Chart, the words are rather funny but very true!

I can see why Jess is into this Eight Immortal chart. Looks like a fab design Lillie. Common stitch it up, I am cheering for you! Jess will too ;)

Sharon said...

Oh, I think that design for your hubby will be just perfect!

Dawn B. said...

You are making good progress keep it up. Like the one for DH look forward to seeing it finsihed.

Anonymous said...

So jealous of how good those 8 Immortals are going to look. I think the basket holder may be a boy? Unsure.

Unknown said...

Cute chart. I'm working on a PINN chart as well and its also 20 pages. I'm on page 2 and the huge moon has slowed me WAY down. To answer your question the one holding the flowers looks like a he but why would he hold flowers? Hmm...

Aw said...

Lillie
great attempt on the 8 Immortals. I saw Ee Koon WIPs, a huge project indeed.

thanks for dropping by my blog.

aw

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and your kind comments.

Margaret said...

Love the saying and I'm sure your husband will too.
Oh my goodness - the Eight Immortals is quite the project. How do we get ourselves started on these? A lot of work for you but it will be lovely.