Thursday, April 12, 2007

Around the world - MA

It made its way to Jean S in Indiana, USA after a second attempt at the PO within days a part.

The MA was rejected by the postal clerk first time, who was manning the mailing counter then and insist that I put it in an envie, my regular postal clerk who handle my MA before was doing bills. So, days later I went back when I caught my regular clerk at the mailing counter and she accepted my MA without any questions. So silly and how differently can one behave from the same PO!

This is my Around the World MA, my very own mini sampler of my country.
What's the meaning behind my mini sampler ?

Upper left ~ is the Sun - its sunny all year long in my land.....mmmm...I forgot that it rained too
Top right ~ Coconut trees - where there's seas, there's the coconut trees, we have plenty of it.. and a builiding - depicting an Islamic Architecture or the mosque
Below ~ Fishes, starfish and wave - seas full of marine lives and we have the Straits of Malacca on the West Coast and South China Sea on the East Coast, plenty of beautiful beaches - you name it, white sand, golden sand and black sands
Lower left ~ 'Wau Bulan' - meaning Moon kite, a traditional kite from Kelantan State, a region on the East Cost
Lower Right ~ Trees - the lush green rainforest and
lastly the word " MALAYSIA" - not shown on the chart but stitched on the MA.

The back - as usual, gotta leave a space for the Registered Chit, I thot of stitching the National flower - hibiscus but opted for the flag instead. Got that from the uniform store for scouts.

The stamps are special issues of ancient transportation of my country and classical Hindu dancer . I was forced to drop the classical dancer at the PO due to additional postage and lack of space on the MA, but I got the twin towers postage instead. Thou, I have space for the Registered chit , I have none for a declaration chit , (this is new to me) gotta paste it anyway and I doubted that this chit will made its way to Indiana.


The button is what we called Chinese frog button...........a lil' something of my origin.

The inside and the lil' gift enclosed. Its a pouch cum needlebook.

The hardest part was to choose the floss. Red, Blue, Green, Brown? I finally decided on Anchor Multicolor 1345 . Y ? it contained all the element colors of our mother earth . I have batik fabric for the pockets.....our local made fabric. It left on April 5th.

7 comments:

Margaret said...

What an amazing MA Lily. You put so much thought into stitching this wonderful gift for Jean.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely brilliant MA, and one that really captures the "flavours" of Malaysia.

Anonymous said...

Very beautifully done and definitely shows "Malaysia Boleh!"

Barbara J said...

Just amazing! The design of the sampler is so well thought out. Must have put a lot of effort into the MA. Excellent work as always! :)

BeckySC said...

WOW, it's awesome! Congratulations :)

Namuelle said...

Hi Lily !
So gorgeous ! Art mailing is a very nice exchange...Don't worry against you post-office, our french postage is a little bit weird too...In fact you'll never have the same answer or the same price !!!...It's a small postage world ! lol

Sharon said...

That mailare envelope is simply gorgeous! Great job!