I signed up for a 4 patched pincushion exchange. What made me signed up for this exchange is a puzzle. LOL. To make the pincushion you need to use the sewing machine . And I can't even sew a straight line with the machine!
And so , after gathering some fabrics and invented some measurements, my journey begins.
This is the result ! Now don't laugh! My doter says it looks like cupcake!!! Gosh!.......its that awful huh ?

Nope ! this will not be for the exchange LOL !! am only testing my sewing skills. So dear partner if you are reading this do not feel despair. I'll improved for the exchange..fingers crossed.
BOURSE
And since I'm at the sewing machine , I made my first one.

No need to scrutinize for my mistakes ! LOL ! Of course there are but am not telling...
I also made two (one for the bourse and the other for an exchange) mini pumpkin pincushion using the machine to sew the 'ring' . No doubt the machine sure makes life a lot less complicated....sewing finishing that is..and faster too .

A word of thanks to :
Yasmin Yong and Barbara Jack - The Sanquine Stitcher who had provided the link for making the bourse and Cheeze - Lil'Honey Collections for the tutorial on the 4-patched pincushion.
I have also braved myself to complete the finishing for the "French Redwork Exchange (FRE)" using the sewing machine. Photo of this will be later as it needs to arrive my partner first.
Now you know why I have not been updating my blog ;P
4 comments:
Bravo! Bravo! You've attempted the cushion and the bourse. Turn out real well for a first time. Master that sewing beast and you'll be on the way to making some master pieces ;)
I like the pumpkin cushion too! So plump, the way it should be!! LOL!
Those are all so cute! I love your patched pincushions and truly cannot see what is wrong with them.
Lillie
your 4-patch pincushions look cute to me. Maybe you could finish them off with buttons first(remember the technique is pretty much similar to pumpkin pincushion finishing). Afterwards, if you still think both of them were too plumpy, for next try-out you have to lower the height of the pincushion.
and the bourse turned out really well, made me wanted to make one for myself. Well, still have long list to finish this year...maybe for next year project.
You are alot braver then me my freind. They are wounderful. If there are mistakes I can not see them..
Love from Texas, Dawn
Post a Comment