Can't remember when I last set foot in Penang, and now that I have, I realised that I missed everything it has to offer!
Penang or Pearl of the Orient, most famous for its beautiful beaches and food. The moment we set foot on the isle, we headed to Penang Road to savour the famous Cendol followed by "Char Kueh Teow." Do you believe that we had our seafood at 4pm? LOL, Where else if its not by the Tua Pek Kong Temple ! and yes ! Tsunami was here, the restaurant was partly damaged, traces of the damage is still visible on some parts of the restaurant.
By nite, I had my Hokkien Mee which is the " Har Mee" - Prawn Noodles in K.L
What I've missed : Asam Laksa, Rojak buah , Ais Kacang , Mee Jawa and a visit to Tammy's because simply not enough time, the kids wanted to go to the pool and the driver was too tired, he needed his rest .
Saturday, 8th 2006

The kids voted for the ferry instead of the bridge and there's the Penang Bridge in the horizon.
Viewed on board the ferry.

Our next stop was at the Kek Lok Si Temple 's Godess of Mercy.
I thot the purpose is to put up the Godess on its highest peak, but apparently they are constructing pillars to put a roof over it.
The serene looking bronze statue of the Godess

View from the hotel room ~ on the 29th floor
of the Gurney Resort .
The Kek Lok Si Temple is hardly visible from this picture.
Its located on the slope of the hill at the far end.

Yep ! its located along Gurney Drive, but sadly the hawkers are no longer there ??? I hope its only temporary.

The hotel pool on the 7th floor, overlooking the sea. My kids enjoying a dip. If only time permits, I could sit here and crochet or stitch the whole day! Did I ? nope! (I need to shed some kilos after all those food) LOLSunday, 9th 2006

The Reclining Buddha Buddhist Temple
~ as majestic as ever

The stupa on the far back is actually a crematorium.
My grandma was laid to rest there. The building with the red roof is where the Godess of Mercy sits.
There are two other locations to visit on Sunday morning before heading back to K.L .
No comments:
Post a Comment