Tuesday, December 20, 2005

My Christmas Tree

This
Christmas
I would like
to put up a tree
in my heart, and
instead of hanging
presents, I would like
to put the names of all my
friends, close friends and not
so close friends. Those that I see
everyday and the ones that I rarely
see. The ones that I always remember
and the ones that I sometimes forget. The
ones that are always there and the ones that
seldom are. The friends of difficult times and the
ones of happy times. Friends who,without meaning
I have hurt, or, without meaning to, have hurt mine.
Those dat I know well and those dat I owe so much. My
humble friends and my impatient friends. The names of all
those have passed through my life no matter how fleetingly. A
three with very deep
roots and very long
and strong branches
so that their names may never be plucked from my
heart. So that new names from all over may join
the existing ones. A tree with a very pleasant
shade, so that our friendship may take a
moment of rest from the battles of
life. "May the happy moments of
Christmas brighten everyday
of the new year"

I received this message from Eeling and thot I shared it.

Five more days to Christmas...........
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Everyone.

2 comments:

Ulla said...

Fantastic what a lovely Christmas tree you have done.And the needlebook .

Happy New Year
Ulla in the north of Sweden

Lillie said...

Thanks Ulla for visiting.