Wednesday, December 21, 2005

A Chinese New Year Exchange

Its too early ?? Well, the Chinese New Year for 2006 falls end of January. Better be early than got caught up with the festive seasons mailing rush at the PO.

A card exchange for Chinese New Year 2006.
My receipient will receive a card cum needlebook from me.

I stitched a needlebook with chinese brush painting design from the Cross Stitcher Magazine 2004 which is actually for a vase. Slot the needlebook into a four fold card decorated with chinese theme designs for the festive mood.

The needlebook measures approx. 4" x 4 1/2" . For the back, I have stitched "Happy New Year Jan 2006" or I should have stitched Happy Chinese New Year ? Well, never thot of it before and anyway, its done already !



Yeap ! took the idea from a gift I received in September 2005 ' wink' :)

Mailed to my receipient on Dec 21, 2005 by courier to avoid the Christmas mailing rush at the PO. It should reach her the next day.

Well, looks like the several exchanges I took part for the year 2006 will usher me into the New Year ! And do I reflect on what's gone and the yesterdays? Nope! For experience and guidence maybe but contemplating on what I have missed and the should , never. It's the coming days and how and what I must do matters !

Thanks Mona for the knitting link. It sure has many fab ideas as well as many tempting pieces. Haven't knit for ages and my crochet hooks are getting rusty too. So the question is.....should I knit or crochet with that Sirdar Snuggly yarn?


No comments: