Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Would you join me for tea?

It's reveal day !
Tea Cup Exchange sounds like fun especially more if you collect teacups and teapots. So naturally when I spotted the calling for the exchange, I just couldn't give it a miss. After all, it sounded easy, just sent a tea cup complete with saucer until you wonder how on earth to pack a teacup to ensure it's safe delivery ? Being my first teacup exchange I didn't know what to expect and was rather surprised when my teacup packaged arrived when I least expected it.
Now that is JOY!  

TEACUP that came : All the way from New Zealand, I received this lovely snow white porcelain teacup with delicate embossing details from Kimberley
A close up of the teacup and the scallop edge saucer.
That is not all that Kimberley sent
Take a look at what Kimberley sent along with her teacup besides  a very aromatic New Zealand Breakfast Tea and a special edition of Choco-ade Biscuit where Kimberley wrote only recently made a comeback, so grateful that Kimberley thought of me, now I get to taste the yummy biscuit. I also received a lovely tea towel with peach flowers and a knitted dish cloth knitted by Kimberley  in sweet pink.
Happy dance!
Thank you so much Kimberley for your so wonderful package
and dear Stephanie for hosting this wonderful exchange,

TEACUP that went :For my tea cup partner, Bonnie in NZ , I sent her this sweet rose tea cup that came with a matching box. Can you imagined I tucked everything inside that box with the teacup inside? I hoped by filling up the box, it would protect the teacup on it's journey I simply refused to substitute that box which came with the teacup for a plain postal box.
I choose to sent Bonnie a packet of our local SABAH tea, where its' sprawling tea plantation is surrounded by pristine rainforests in the cool mountain air in Sabah, Borneo, anywhere else will be too humid to grow teas except for Cameron Highlands, our other tea plantations haven  and  two varieties of our local coffee flavors . I would have packed more if only the box would allowed.
While hunting for the teacup, I spotted a Japanese hand-drawn lacquer tea tray
(it's like any other serving tray enough for a cup of tea or coffee and probably a slice of cake),
Japanese craftsman are known for their painstaking craftsmanship and a lacquer work is known to be one of the most complex of all Japan's traditional skills.  A  teaspoon with pink polka dots handle and some candy colored fancy fruits picks went along.  It was a joy to go hunting for Bonnie 's package.
The 9th Tea Cup & Mug Exchange
hosted by Stephanie of
The Enchanting Rose blog.

edited : Sadly to note that the saucer for Bonnie got crushed and shattered  while the teacup is intact. Sweet Bonnie wrote nothing of the crushed saucer in her thank you note but I am truly disappointed and  sadden since it's my first exchange of such.


22 comments:

Brigitte said...

Such wonderful teacups that were part of your exchange. So sorry to hear that the saucer you sent to Bonnie got crushed. I think I would also be disappointed to hear this. Sometimes it's just impossible to wrap these delicate things enough to prevent them from being damaged - you would have to pack them in a wooden box but then you can't send them because the postage would be too high. And you never know how such a package is treated on its postal way.

butterfly said...


Lovely exchange , but i was sad for you about your saucer.
Great idea though .

Kimberley said...

hooray - so happy you liked everything I sent. What a pity about the broken saucer too.

Vickie said...

What a great exchange. Very beautiful.You ladies took such very good care of each other. I am sorry Lillie that the saucer got shattered.

Summer said...

So pretty for tea! Sorry about the shattered saucer ♥

Lumiruusu said...

What a lovely idea for SWAP to exchange tea cups...how wonderful!!!!!

Everything in your post is beautiful!!

Bonnie Sampson said...

Oh Lillie, it really is fine! Don't be saddened. You are so sweet! I absolutely LOVE the rest of the package and that definitely makes up for the smashed saucer. :) It was wrapped so carefully... I don't know how it could be wrapped any better.
Thank you once again for a gorgeous package! I was so blessed. :) <3

Bonnie Sampson said...

Oh Lillie, it really is fine! Don't be saddened. You are so sweet! I absolutely LOVE the rest of the package and that definitely makes up for the smashed saucer. :) It was wrapped so carefully... I don't know how it could be wrapped any better.
Thank you once again for a gorgeous package! I was so blessed. :) <3

Christy ♥ said...

Hola Lillie, que bonitos y delicados están todos los regalos de tazas de té, que lo disfruten.
Besos ♥

Stephanie said...

Oh sweet Lillie, I am sorry to hear the saucer arrived broken...sadly, that can happen even when everything is wrapped well. Bonnie has such a sweet spirit and I am in awe of her kind attitude - what a darling :) The things you sent Bonnie were lovely, my dear.

Your tea cup that you received is just stunning! I love the texture and design. Don't you think when a tea cup is extra pretty that the tea tastes even more wonderful?

I am SO GLAD you joined the fun, my new tea friend. Blessings to you!

Skyeler said...

I love the scalloped edge of your saucer, it is so pretty! <3

KimM said...

Hi, Lillie! Wasn't this exchange a ton of FUN? I love your gifts - splendid! Now....off for a cuppa :)
xxx

Carrie said...

Hi Lillie! You received such a lovely package and sent one too! I'm sorry to hear about the saucer you gave, but the rest of the box was really lovely!

Snap said...

Isn't the exchange fun?! Everyone is so nice. Stephanie is a wonderful soul. She does these exchanges with such love. You received a lovely package. So sorry to hear about the saucer. Hope your week is lovely and filled with Tea!

September Violets said...

You received such a beautiful teacup & saucer from Kimberley! I actually was admiring this on her blog already ;) Love white on white patterns. You sent Bonnie such an amazing teacup, and I'm sure with a little searching she should be able to match up the teacup with a pretty orphan saucer from somewhere. Sometimes we just don't know how our parcels are treated en route. I just purchased a beautiful bracelet made from broken china pieces, so there's another way to save such a lovely piece of china ;) Enjoy your day! You have a lovely blog here and I've enjoyed reading a few previous posts on my way through.
Wendy

Debbie Harris said...

Hi Lillie, so nice to meet you.
What a darling tea cup you received,I love all the texture on it.
Your tea cup that you sent out is gorgeous and the box is so pretty. Too bad about the saucer but that can happen. Looks like you gave some delightful gifts along with it.

Have a beautiful day~~

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Such lovely packages, both sent and received. This was surely a fun fun exchange.

Carol said...

This looks like a lovely exhange, Lillie! Even though Bonnie's saucer got crushed, the teacup is the important part and the gifts you chose to include were wonderful :)

Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Andrea said...

Such a great package to receive. Your package was lovely. I'm amazed you managed to fit everything in the box, such a feat. Twinings must do a tea for every country. We have 'English Breakfast Tea' over here. I'd never thought of it before ... how strange. :)

Margie said...

The teacups sent and received are so pretty! I'm sorry that the saucer didn't reach NZ intact. International mail delivery can be brutal!

Ariadne said...

Lovely things received and sent!Unfortunately breakable things do break!AriadnefromGreece!

krishna said...

Both teacup are wonderful..

Please visit:http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com