The new year is almost over, the last day is known as "Chap Goh Meh" in the Hokkien lingo, simply translated as the Fifteen Day falls on Monday 22nd, that is how long the Chinese New Year lasts. I had an afternoon off from work on Monday, it's a tradition to begin work on the first day after the New Year just to officiate the 'back in business' for a couple of hours and then close up to be fully commencing work the next day onwards as usual.
This festive holidays, I felt that at some point, time stood still because I wasn't very productive enough with crafting as I had hoped, somehow my time got occupied with 'this and that', and so the days just flew by and the week was gone. Here are some collections of my week long holiday
There's Nasi Briyani with Fish Curry Indian Style
Braised Duck and deep fried Crab
Love Tree by The Trilogy, my first February finished
This festive holidays, I felt that at some point, time stood still because I wasn't very productive enough with crafting as I had hoped, somehow my time got occupied with 'this and that', and so the days just flew by and the week was gone. Here are some collections of my week long holiday
This colourful platter is known as Yee Sang (Prosperity Toss) , the top platter is its condiments for the bottom platter which are shredded vegetables. Photos above from Grand Seasons Hi-Tea buffet
This is how it's served, a portion of everything with slices of the common favorite raw salmon to be added just before tossing. It's sort of an appetizer normally served at a luncheon or dinner only on Chinese New Year where everyone is to toss the dish as high as possible to symbolize a prosperous year before allowed to indulge. It's an expensive dish depending on what is served as the main ingredients and yet sometimes after tossing only half its quantity falls back onto the plate, well this happens if you dine with a bunch of people enjoying good company. It's once a year thing and highlight of everymeal
(Image Credits to Goole Search)
A Hi-Tea Lunch at the Grand Seasons
The festive deco on the main table and some of their festive spread I managed to
capture with my cellphone
Spotted some festive cookies, Kueh Bangkit top and HoneyComb Cookies bottom
love those Chinese design baskets
Braised Duck and deep fried Crab
Condiments for Ice Kacang (Shaved Ice)
Peking Duck
Some sweets savory
My favourite Bowl of Assam Laksa
Here's us
I baked some home favorites this year not very adventurous unlike the previous years;
Seaweed crackers, Pineapple tarts, Horlicks Doggie cookies and Cinnamon Cookies
Visited a friend at his Cattle ranch one evening
We had barbeque and satay (like kebab minus vegetables)
We stop to smell the flowers when my cousin came visiting with his family besides exploring a Hot Spring and waterfall
The World of Phalaenopsis, moth orchids nursery, where we spent hours here, strange that the boys went on a buying spree here while the girls just went looking, well I figured that if I can't cart the biggest pot with the most flowers home nothing interest me, LOL. Hubby bought three pots while my cousin Peter bought four pots. I'll secretly keep tab and see how long their 'green hands' will work on their orchids.
Spotted a Lily pond at the back of the nursery
and Dessert Rose in a variety of colours
One for the album
Lunch on one afternoon after I returned home, Dukbokki, a Korean Rice Cake. A simple and lazy cooking, cause I only made the sauce , found the rice cake at Cold Storage, I was practically grinning the moment I spotted the rice cakes.
A Valentine's Day lunch at TGI Friday's, we also watch Deadpool , gosh! laugh die me as the Chinese says; It's ROTFL) It's funny, fast and gleefully profane, glad that our censor board did a pretty good job on this, for once .
I brought with me to my In-Laws home a bag full WIP including knitting and crochet besides a couple of UFO's plus a couple of printed chart on my todo list that I had intended to work on this year. I ended up working on my Winter Home Round Robin which I think I can come to terms with it now. I decided not to add the lace, thanks Mylene, appreciate your thoughts on this in my last post. I'll be sending this to the framerLove Tree by The Trilogy, my first February finished

COTM (Color of the Month) Heart Theme Exchange
The stitched piece of sweet pink in silk floss was stitched by Zarina in Penang many moons ago , an Exchange thru our local group Malaysian Stitchers Yahoo group, sadly, now no longer active. It was a fun theme exchange as we could never tell what is coming. The theme dictates what the exchanges is all about.
I was indecisive long enough what to finish this into, it was so sweet of Zarina to gave me extra fabrics and floss so I could make something more or to finished it with. An idea had suddenly pop-up what to finish this into. I'll reveal these two finishes in my next post and maybe a couple more.
It's Friday here today, so I'm whishing all a very good stitching weekend and thank you all who came by and commented.
It's Friday here today, so I'm whishing all a very good stitching weekend and thank you all who came by and commented.































7 comments:
A long and interesting blogpost that made me really hungry for Chinese food!AriadnefromGreece!
Oh the orchid nursery is soooooo pretty. I especially like your pink stitching.
So great to read about all this wonderful food you had for the New Year's festivities. And wonderful to see all the pictures. Great post, Lillie.
All these orchids look fantastic. And so nice to see your finished Winter House Round Robin. It will look great when framed.
Such a festive looking post, Lillie--all of that food is making me hungry and those doggie cookies are especially cute!
Love the orchids--I have only ever had one, but it is re-blooming now so I must be treating it properly :)
Beautiful stitching--love the little Valentine's Day piece!
Ia m with Vickey about those Orchids,we have only tiny and very,very,expensive ones sold at flwerstores they are so rare here in the North. Amazing colors and only the size of flowers is a miracle to me :) Lovely stitching !
WOW! look at all those yummy yummy foodies! Now, i do miss visiting anywhere in Asia.
And all those orchids, my very favorite flower.
Now, that looks better with the Winter Home. And i do love your Trilogy finish.
Looking forward to see your finishes!
The food looks so delicious that I can't keep my hunger. Colorful Yee Sang raises everybody's mood for sure. :)
Post a Comment