Friday, August 28, 2015

Mind over Matter

I have been missing for a little while
It's one of those time that you feel time is not enough for you to do everything in a day.
There's so much to do and no matter how much you have done, by  the end of the day, the feelings that there is still so much more that need to be done or  wonders what have you done and where did  all the time went. Then there's the birthdays, everyone in the family far and near seem to have been born after the 2nd half of the year. So we had a little more dinning out than the usual and get to explore eateries. Second half of the year also means we are getting a little more invites to dinner functions for all sorts of events.

On another note, I have been waking up earlier than usual the past month or so, early rise means taking naps early in the evening after work before dinner and waking up in the middle of the night and going back to bed at odd hours which attributed to the feeling of  insufficient  sleep by morning. It was during these middle of the night sessions that I have finally come to terms with an idea for my annual exchange. After months of pondering with finishing ideas and looking up on google and Pinterest for ideas,   I have decided not to sit on it any longer but now that I have finished one, I am having second thoughts as to if I should stitched all four the same design or to give each a different one ? and what about the color? It's the mind that is playing tricks, afterall I have already decided but why  this mind is giving me second thoughts and complicating matters,  and so I am taking a little time to re-think.

I also get to stitch my second  Mail Art Exchange organized by Mii Stitch. A Halloween theme, my fav. Now how can I give that a missed.  Theme makes it easier don't you think so? No showing for now and I have some light bulbs moment with the finishing. Happy to say I am done and I hope to get to the postie in a week or so.

Here's another progress on my RED Hexa SAL, counting at  33/52.
A crocheted bag, with an interesting circular design. Finishing was abit tacky as the design did not come with finishing details, so I had to figured my way with the photos posted.
A little something stitched for Diane, a Lizzie Kate design
Thread colors are my own
Added lace at the bottom, replaced the stitched motif
I am sending this to the framer, least it can go on her wall in her dorm
cause knowing her, anything on her table will eventually ended up on the floor, LOL
Knitting wise, my shawl is literally crawling like an old tortoise, I have only knitted 6 inches. So yeah..a long way to go still.

By the way, we are having the Hungry Ghost festival this month, according to the Chinese Calender.
It literally means that the gates of hell is opened for the underworld to visit the living, while the living had to appeased these being by offering big feast of prayers and offering of food. Won't go into the detailed, as this is an annual affair and I had posted these before previously.

Till my next posting then.
Thanks for dropping by and  for not giving up on my blog
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend.



7 comments:

butterfly said...

What lovely stitching , hope you can get to find more time in the Autumn.

Vickie said...

Woo hoo! Over half done with the hexies. Diane's gift is great!

Brigitte said...

Oh my, you have some very nice finished pieces here. That crocheted bag looks very intersting, I love the yarn you used for it. An the stitched piece is so beautiful. I'm very curious to see it finished. It's great to see how your hexies project is growing ...

Mary said...

I would say you are doing fine on progress of projects. Sometimes things take a while to decide what to do. All good. Your hexies are coming along fine
I love you Lizzie Kate cross stitching. I am working on Halloween project too. It is a lot of fun. Have a great weekend.

Justine said...

You have been busy! I love your Lizzie Kate, the lace sets it off perfectly.

Carol said...

Your summer sounds like mine, Lillie--fun, but way too busy! We are having guests over the next two weekends, but, after that, I hope I can relax and get back to my stitching. I love your LK finish with the lace--Diane will be thrilled... And the hexies and little crocheted bag look wonderful, too.

Hope your September is going well so far!

Lumiruusu said...

You have done great work with those hexagon Quilt pieces and the sampler looks lovely ! thank You again for visiting my blog.I really love to have you as blogging friend..