Had always wanted to stitch this little mermaid. Now I have her in my Lighthouse Theme RR
Freebie by The Little Stitcher
This is going to the framer

Revealing the Secrets
These are some fabric choices
I'll be meeting some ladies for the first time, among them is a lady on my FB Friend list.
While I have a stitched s gift for this FB person whom I know cross stitched and quilt, I do not know of the others but I thought I should give them a little something handmade that's handy for travellers. It won't be nice to just bring one gift while others looked on. My greatest fear with non crafters are their conception with all things 'HANDMADE'. Yet I decided to make each lady a simple needle pouch to avoid being put in an 'awkward situation' especially when I'll be spending some days with them on an island with no place or rather impossible to hide me-self.
I am pretty sure non of these women knew about my blog except for Jaimis
The fabrics are made into these
Measures approximately : 4" x 4"
Fabrics - Variety of cottons
The finishing needle pouch
This is how the needlepouch look like on the inside.
Secret Project #2
Floss 312 DMC
Fabric 32ctn Sand linen with Moda fabric
Freebie design from Steekjes Kruisjes
Finishing into a Needle pouch/needlebook for Susee
I've added both our initial and the year
The inside and the back
Finally I've got the OLD SAMPLER SAL from 2008 framed
That's all dear friends, I'm going off basking in the sun this week.
Until then, take care everyone and thanks for visiting once again..








12 comments:
Lillie, I think these little needlebooks are a wonderful idea for the ladies you come together with. Even those who do not do any needlecraft will love them as they are useful for everyone.
The needle pouches are adorable. I'm sure they will love them. Your sampler looks nice framed up.
Beautiful pouches
Oh I love the framed sampler!
You are so thoughtful with all your gifts! That is very nice. :)
I love the one for Susee.
Your friends, both old and new, will love those needlebooks, Lillie! Beautiful choice of fabrics and accents for finishing :) And I really love the red and white one you made for Susee!
How nice that you finally got the 2008 piece framed--it will look wonderful hanging in your home :)
Happy April to you!
Wow, love those needlebooks! So pretty and handy!
Are you participating in many Round Robins? I would love to join one but they are not popular here...
Love your old sampler! I did that SAL too but not sure where I kept it now ha ha!
Hope to revive my blog soon!
Hugs,
What beautiful gifts, I'm sure your new friends will love them.
Your sampler looks amazing!
Hello
Just found your blog.
Your mermaid is very sweet!
What a lovely gift idea for the ladies - they look super.
Beautiful framed piece too.
Happy Thursday x
Your sampler is gorgeous! And those needle pouches are adorable! I would love to make something like that for a few gifts. I don't know how anyone would be less than thrilled to get one, but I totally understand about giving a non-crafter a gift! It's a gamble sometimes, lol.
Wonderful stitching. Your needlebooks are lovely, I'm sure everyone will love your thoughtful gift.
Alll Your finihed pieces look wonderfull.You really have done great job with the large sampler!! Greetings from Finland ! Maija
Beautiful gifts, your friends will love these ;)
Post a Comment