A Red Hexagon SAL for year 2015 with some ladies in my group, it's been an on and off topic for quite a while before this came into action. One per week was the deal and I am waaaaaaaay behind. Here's my stuff at 3rd week.
I have five sets waiting on my palate, I should get ahead I know, I shouldn't have put it down...you know how one can get drawn away in a split seconds
Attended an Indian wedding, a long time friend and personal Maths tutor to my kids.
I have five sets waiting on my palate, I should get ahead I know, I shouldn't have put it down...you know how one can get drawn away in a split seconds
Attended an Indian wedding, a long time friend and personal Maths tutor to my kids.
This is where the wedding was solemnized
The blessing ceremony
Mr Avinash or 'Ane' as he is fondly known to his kids..err...his students I mean, hahaha,
and his lovely bride
The location of the Wedding where the tallest Lord Muruga stood in front of the iconic Batu Caves Temple, a limestone cave with its 272 steps behind
The temple where the wedding took place in the vicinity
- stepping up to the temple hall where the wedding took place -
When Indian wedding is held in a temple, the food has to be vegetarian
Lunch reception accompanied by Indian musicians
When this is served at a dinner, it means non other
that Chinese New Year; the festivity is in the air
This dish is only available during Chinese New Year
"Yee Sang" a dish to begin with tossing with a pair of chopsticks as high in the air as possible before one eat denotes prosperity and raising to the higher level in whatever one ventures into
one must also make sure that the Yee Sang falls back onto the plate with every tossing
or there will be nothing to munch
* At my Company Dinner last weekend *
Desserts was Chinese pancakes and Osmanthus Jelly with wolf berries
the inbetween meals are like Shark fin soup, Steamed fish, a Prawn dish, Baby Abalone with Broccoli and shitake mushroom , Duck and Chicken platter
and Steamed Glutinous rice with Chinese sausages and shrimp
I have this in mind for someone, been stitching this from last year with my dateline by Christmas but no, only got to what you see here, so close to finishing. A design by Lizzie Kate, just love this design when a stitching gift is needed. I've change the color for the house as my 28ct evenweave is actually creamy, almost the same colour with the original thread colour it called for the house and the grass to compliment the house.
Thank you for coming by and for all your wonderful comments on my last post. Sorry if I didn't get to thank you with a personal mail but do be known that I read each and every comments and all are appreciated dearly.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone, take care









9 comments:
Lovely stitching, and love what you are going to make in the red material .
What a lovely wedding .
The wedding meal looks very delicious. Such amazing foods you show and share.
The Hexagon quilt will be very delicate and I like the colour of the fabric you had choosed. Well done with your WIP!!
Lovely colour you've chosen for the SAL. Looking forward to see your updates with it.
Beautiful wedding pictures!
What an amazing wedding this must have been. I love the chopstick ritual. The food looks amazing and the bride and groom beautiful/handsome.
What a pretty piece your WIP is.
Oh dear, hexagons. I hope you are better at plugging through than I am. Now and again I look at my hexagons (some stitched together) and then think - not right now!
Wonderful stitching. Very pretty fabric for your SAL. Great wedding photos.
A wonderful colour that you chose for the hexagon SAL. And nice stitching.
It was so very interesting to read about the wedding and the traditional food that went with it.
It was fun to see the photos from the wedding, Lillie. My coworker is married to a man from India and has often described how elaborate the weddings are...
You've got some lovely projects in the works--nice change of colors on the little house, too!
Hi from Australia Lillie. I have just come across your posts, and you have a real talent for photography, and needlework! I really enjoy all the photos, because I used to live in Malaysia, and can relate to a lot of the places. And miss the food!! Robyn
Post a Comment