Thursday, September 13, 2012

Conspiracy of a private affair

For a Pincushion Exchange that is !
If I do recalled correctly, its our  first private exchange , Margaret W and me. There was no theme nor medium of finishing mentioned,  we only agreed on the dateline.  This is an inspiration drawn from visiting the Strawberry Farms.
With my package I included a Glass Vial which is my second made while the little dress is actually a miniature store bought Cheongsam fob.
I've made the vial cover magnetic by placing a thin magnetic strip  on the inside (bottom) top cover so one may store needles and retrieve it easily
The Pincushion, my Bucket of Berries
Material : Felt and french knots
I supposed you can use beads to replace the french knots
Its actually a bold step for me to use french knots all over the berries, knowingly that I have not perfected my knots yet and when one had knotted one too many, I got confused !
Bucket : Painted French Inspired  design on clay from  Kaison
I hope the strawberries are giving an illusion that its filling up the bucket .
 You can judge the size here
 I've added a pumpkin pincushion under the cover for added support
Removable for actual storage space below, the dangling single strawberry actually helps position the cover
 The before assembling
The packaging 
Gonna tempt you with the real thing !!
Yum ~ Yum

Nancy of Victoria Motto Sampler Shoppe is hosting a fabulous giveaway at her blog.
Please tell her I sent you if you sign up, Thanks !
 
Wishing you happy days ahead  and thank you for visiting and your time to leave me your comments, which I must thank you too.


7 comments:

Tracey said...

What sweet gifts! I love the strawberry pincushion- so cute!

Vickie said...

Wow! Well thought out and finished.

Ellen said...

Those strawberries are gorgeous, love them! Love that needle vial too, you are so creative!

Hugs,

Barbara J said...

Oh my! That's one creative pincushion or shall I say pincushions!!

I think the yellow french knots gives the strawberries character.

The fact that MW agreed on a dateline is already a wonder what more meeting it! LOL!! Curious what MW made ... hmmm ...

Anonymous said...

So many strawberries, must have taken ages.
JessW.

Mylene said...

WOW!!! Great job!
A happy happy weekend!!

Brigitte said...

Oh Lillie, you're a real artist. This little strawberry bucket is so cute, and so creatively finished.