Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Seventh Day

~ is known as yan-yat or the Birthday of humankindA simple meal with fried noodle, Ju Hu Char, Roasted Chicken, mixed vegetable and flavouring condiments including sambal belacan and the must have Yee Sang.
I got this pre-packed Yee Sang from Carrefour, all I need is to add some fresh fish meat seasoned with pepper and five herbs plus lemon juice.

Fatt Koh that failed

Second trial last nite was a success, I was practically smiling the moment I lifted my steamer cover to check, its like a kid going into a candy store!Both used the same ingredients :
  • 500g steam cake mixed flour (from Yumi Bakery)
  • 100g eggs
  • 200g water
  • Pink coloring (my choice)
Mixed all ingredients together at high speed for 3 mins. Yeah, its a short cut using the steam cake mixed flour. Difference was, with the latter, I let it stand for 15 mins before steaming.
There's another big prayer tonite for the Hokkien clan, celebrating the Emperor's Jade birthday at midnight that falls on the 9th day.

2 comments:

Jeannette StG said...

As you can see I'm cathing up with reading your blog:)
My mother lived till she was about 40 years old in Indonesia, and I can't remember if her steamed cake had flour -I do remember that I was fond of eating it!

Eva said...

All the food pictures are making me hungry!