Friday, February 18, 2011

All ends well

Fifteen days, that is how long Chinese New Year is being celebrated. Yesterday was the last day.Its a joyous time for the singles as it is also known as the Chinese Valentine's Day. You can read a short write-up here . The days went by very quickly when one has so many things to do. It wasn't that bad afterall, partly because it was the only time one get to meet close and not so close realtives, best of all must be the food especially the once a year cookies that I had been stuffing myself since the eve, so the waistline expanded and the cookies are the culprit !

In summary, during the 15days of festivity this year I had a good couple of blissful hours stitching LHN RR on the first day, my square for June was The Sampler's Lady. Here's a peek of the progress thus far.
On the sixth day, I sort of have a half day from work after a lunch treat from the boss, I came home and had a quite evening with the sewing machine to work on a small pouch for Diane. She had been asking for bags of all shapes and sizes for many many moons , mind you these never materialize and just before Christmas, she asked for a small purse to carry her cellphone and stuff, and my reply was before CNY and terrible me did nothing until the 6th dayThis is what I came up with Improvised from an old pair of jeans leg, the jeans itself is still in very good condition, only that its has been giving me that sliding off my butt feel lately, so after some pondering, well I do loved that jeans, I proceed to cut off the legs at knee point and complete it with laces.
line it with gingham fabric and put in two straps for a tie knot as closure in the middle

Sewing this, I had a few setback at certain point, the material seem too thick for my machine to handle. Overall its not very neatly done, but lucky me no needle was broken during the process but more importantly, Diane loved it! Its all that matters. Whew!

Early of the year, I had a second trail at crocheting another ami doll. It was naked until on the 8th day, when I only got to crochet the dress and put her ponytail into a bun and finished it off decorating her hair with a veil and crocheted flowers and pearl pins. I still have much to improve on crocheting dolls. One good progress out of this is that at least this one is able to sit on its own.
This is going to be a bride ami. Yet to make little earring's for her. Below the veil in her hair.The only valentine's piece stitched was a freebie by The Sampler Girl and a heart pillow that I manged to sew up yesterday which is a trail piece sewing a heart shape pillow. Although not perfect, the cutting and sewing wasn't disappointing.Thanks for visiting and happy to know from the comments I received that some of you enjoyed the festivity posts. I will be concentrating on the LHN RR in the weeks to come. Life should pretty much be back to normal after what need to be done in the office is done. On second thoughts, will the office work be ever done with?

Have a good weekend everyone.

1 comment:

Jeannette StG said...

Your bag with the ruffles is extremely cute!!