Monday, May 04, 2009

a new month and a double celebration

Nesting bird a freebie by Aury is finally done. No idea what to finish it into yet . The fabric is almond but somehow my camera did not do a job to bring out the fabric color. Could be caused by the lighting too.
Next week, I hope to have something more to share on my stitching. I have actually made some good progress on my Rose Sampler - Part 7 and managed to work some tiny bit on my MP-Lighthouse ( ;P)
Shocking !!
Diane went to camp last weekend and came home with these on both arms. Its like she's been abused at the camp. There's this obstacle course that everyone is put to test, which is to get across thru a muddy plot, no a muddy pond actually, with tall overgrown long coarse grass with hidden items thrown into the waters and everyone need to look for it and list down the items. Diane is not the first to go thru it, surprisingly, she's the only one came out with the most scaring. Thou, she is attended and given immediate treatment on site, and the swelling subsides by the time she came home but damage has been done. I can imagine how she could have felt holding back her tears in pain.....my poor baby

Its been a week since and the wounds are healing pretty well. Diane's worst fear !!! visible permanent scars , being a student counselor herself, I am glad she did not make a big fuss over the possible scar.

Its a double celebration this weekend. Beginning on Saturday, Wesak Day.

To all Buddhist, Happy Wesak Day, may you have great blessings from the Lord Buddha

and

to all Mothers

Thank you for visiting, I wish all of you a wonderful Mother's Day!

9 comments:

Carmen said...

oh,painful scratches,i hope her skin will recover soon.

mainely stitching said...

Your daughter's wounds are really shocking! I hope she won't have any permanent reminders of this.

Your nesting Quaker bird is adorable!

Mylene said...

Nesting freebie looks wonderful.

Hope Diane's scratches disappears very soon.

Happy Mother's Day too!

Dawn T. said...

I can't wait to see your update on the Rose Sampler! :)

Oh, your poor baby!! I hope it heals up quickly with no scarring. Big hugs to Diane!!

Jackie said...

Oh, that's terrible !! Hope that the scars will fade away.....hugs!

Have a Happy Mother's Day, enjoys!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a cute little finish! Ohhhh your daughter's poor arms!

Unknown said...

That is terrible. Did the teacher-in-charge says anything about this? Hope she recover fast. Hugs to Diane {{Hugs}}

Happy Mother's day to you, Lillie :)

Aw said...

oh...I feel the pain for Diane and as pain as you being a mother. Lovely progress on your stitching.

Jackie said...

Hey,

how's Diane's hand today ? is the scar fading away ? Hugs to her.