Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Rummaging thru my yarns

I found this yarn among my UFp and was attracted by its cost, $4.50. It's cheap compared to what it would cost today. I am pretty sure this is more that 25years ago. Then, it was not to me when I was still a student and needed something like 15 to 18 balls of it. I had wanted to knit a cardigan with a large collar and double breasted with 4 buttons but it ended up as a sweater for my son years later because I had not bought enough yarns, I remembered I bought only half the quantity for the pattern it called for Back to present, I found my Sidars, this I bought not so long ago and I came up with this, for now. Its good to crochet this for a change without the need to concentrate on too many color changes or looking at a chart

First Day Covers, Sea Shells theme
Issued by our postie today.
Took the opportunity to stamp and postmarked on 2 MA due for mailing end of November.The first day cover envelope complete with stamps shielding behind the 2 MAs. Both has their owners already.





Thank you for coming, hoped you had a wonderful day at what ever you do, enjoying every minute of it.

3 comments:

Mylene said...

Lovely sea shell stamps. wow! great job on the started crochet.

Anonymous said...

You've completed TWO of those MA's! Wow.
Jess.

Aw said...

welcome to knitting & crochet wagon! :-) lovely progress.
how do you know when there is new stamps coming out? I always missed so I always being told by the post assistant that there in no more new stamps