Monday, November 05, 2007

NNC 1st anniversary meet

hosted by Nik last Saturday .

Although I made plans to attend, knowing that the day coincides with my DD's piano lesson and being a group lesson under the Yamaha8 years program with a class of 8 students, it unlikely for DD to skip a lesson as there will be no replacement nor can I request for a replacement. To get an off day, all parents plus the teacher has got to agree as well on a replacement date...., a very unlikely task on a very normal day. But somehow I found my way till something unexpected or rather I was hoping it would not, came up. It so happens that DD had to attend school on that day too, which I had totally forgotten all about it.

The journey to travel to the venue is quite a distance from my place that is to return in time to sent or fetch my DD unless of course if I could get someone to drive me there and willing to leave with me when its time,
it's unfair to expect my driver to leave just to sent me back when the meet is still in progress, right? and making a stop over of less than an hour, well will not quench the thirst, if you know what I mean especially at a meet.

Here's my contribution for the gift exchange and mailed it to Margaret W. The gift keeper for the meet.

No easy task deciding what to make and the design as I do not want any offending elements since I do not know who my recipient will be. I choose to stay neutral and the final finishing process had me made it into a pinkeep. The backing fabric on the pinkeep. Lucky or unlucky..wondered who got my gift from the exchange I did.

Design by : Debbie Gripps - Part of the design from Garden of spots on 28ct cream evenweave

I found out today that it was Barbara J.

Thank you ladies for coming by and leaving me your comments. Appreciate you visits dearly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

More lovely when viewed IRL. Lucky BJ ;)Missed u at the meet though! :(

Mylene said...

That's a beautiful pinkeep!! I love it!

Sharon said...

You did a fabulous job with the pinkeep! It's gorgeous!