Friday, December 29, 2006

Year ends

How time flies! We are coming to the end of 2006.



MAY YOU HAVE GOOD HEALTH, WEALTH , PEACE
AND
LOTS OF WONDERFUL STITCHING or CRAFTING
in the year 2007 !!!!


There's a major disruption of international internet links caused by earthquake that struck southern Taiwan since Tuesday nite effecting communication over much of Asia . As a result, its been tiring accessing the net, blogger , gmail and yahoo included. The quake had people predicting the worse disaster not forgetting the destruction caused that was in its way.

Before am deprive of my networking access, I would like to bid farewell to 2006 (when I still can)

Its been a year of sharing and learning, been inspired to try or finish something that might have never cross my mind I would undertake, example the bourse and 4-patch pincushion. (It was major to me coz' I had to use the sewing machine) Improved on my finishing from tips received, shared new finds, received encouragement to work on my WIPs but above all , getting to know all the wonderful ladies thru
blogging who shared the same passion (otherwise thot I was alone and always the odd one as I seems to be stitching or crocheting all the time and everywhere ALONE...not any more for deep down me, I know somewhere someone is out there with me) sharing knowledge, been invited to homes and most importantly I found a friend in you. You have all been wonderful, never knew we could be so close yet so far.

Comes 2007, I hope to begin work on a couple of charts which has been lying at the bottom of my drawer , namely :

1) 8-Immortals (Pinn)
2) something on Dragon (Dimension) (gosh...can't remember the chart name....)
3) Shimmering Mermaid (Mira) ...finger cross

Not mentioned are a couple of small charts which will be work on ad-hoc I guess

I hope to complete some of my work in progress as well OR the unfinish.....

1) Garden Fairies
2) Beaded Shoe
3) A couple of crochet items - Shawls, blouse, crop jacket, bag
4) Alter-Echo
5) San-Man seasonal
6) ...still recalling........

Exchanges Signed and Confirmed for 2007
In progress / Done
1) French Redwork Exchange due for mailing comes Jan 1, 2007(NnC) - Done
2) 4 patch pincushion Exchange due for mailing on Jan 15, 2007(MYS) - Done
3) 'Surprise Me' MailArt Exchange due for mailing on Jan 31 (MailArt Friends) ...30%
4) 4 person RR - Anglesan Forum - ongoing status 50%

5) 6 person RR - EMS Board - ongoing ....final round
6) EMS Stitching Tool, Pincushion - SAL, EMS Forum - ongoing 10%
7) 2 Valentine Exchanges ( personal and NnC)
8) 'Valentine/Redwork' Mail Art Exchange (MailArt Friends)
9) 'Around the World Mail Art Exchange (MailArt Friends)
10) Neighbourhood Theme - no boundries RR (MYS)
11) 5 theme Pincushion Exchange year 2007 (private and personal)
12) ? did I left anything out ?....thinking!!!

Whoa ! I need to put on the brakes !!! 2007 is yet to come, I've over committed !!!..............i think...lol

Books read ? The Chamber (John Grisham...had a series of books by the same author)
The Book of Dead Days (Marcus S....something .....) opps....sorry...at times I go for the title
rather than the author (I love those eerie, mysterious kind )
Currently - Eragon

If the net connection did not improved, guess this will be my last posting till 2007.
Till then, my friends, enjoy your year end holidays (short or long it maybe) take care, see you in 2007.
I wish you love, peace and happiness.



1 comment:

Margaret said...

Great finishes on the items for your 5 finishes challenge. You have a busy stitching schedule set up for next year. Looks great!!
Wishing you and your's a very Happy New Year 2007.
Margaret