Sunday, February 05, 2006

What I did in between my CNY holidays

Did I got hack ? Will never know. Was not able to access my blog page or rather my page have been occupied by someone for couple of days until I finally got someone to help me out......thanks Alan.

So...I had a couple of days off, a week ...tot I could have at least be able to stitch a little, knew I would not have the entire time to my content, afterall its the Chinese New Year holidays, there's lots of cooking and washing and eating, and the relatives who came for lunch and never left till supper. When I thot I could do some stitching, I had migrane for 2 days and on the morning that I thot my migrane was gone, I came down with an eye infection, and can't stitch with a blurred vision for another two days. Luckily I brought my Sidar yarns with me, well , I could crochet with my eyes shut......literally speaking that is, lol, and made a crop jacket for my doter, Diane.

Close up....sorry the pics seems to be blurred toooooo.......

Started this on the afternoon of 30th Jan and completed on the evening of 31st. (It took me 2 afternoons)

Managed to complete 90% of my valentine card for MYS exchange too. Will reveal the card once my partner receive it...now, I just hoped I could meet the dateline !

Also took time to put up the things for a secret pal exchange.

A HEART SHAPE NEEDLE CASE

And made a heart shape needle case............mmmmm....am I giving this away ??

The heart shape needle case is held together with a maroon satin ribbon
The design is part of a French sampler


The back is done up in a maroon cotton fabric in heart design with matching maroon colored cord all round
The cotton fabric was a gift from Harsha quite a while back and its just perfect for this needlecase.
Inside of the needle case with pink felt for the needles over the cotton fabric.
Its not a perfect piece , but am quite pleased with the result.

2 comments:

z_mnor said...

This is adorable ! Your finishing is very nicely done. I simply luv heart/love patterns!

Lillie said...

Thanks Cheeze.