Saturday, January 14, 2006

Its the 15th day of the 12 moon

Meaning? its the last month of the year in the Chinese Calender and approximately 14days before we celebrate Chinese New Year - the Year of the Dog.

The "cai" is up at the front entrance. Its customary in my family, my side and I have been putting up the "cai" since I've moved into this house. Actually, my intention is to allow my kids to absorbed the festivity mood , afterall we are celebrating the New Year in a multiracial country and as well as to remember their roots. And every year the "cai " is decorated with a different center piece.


"Cai" - a banner normally in red. Its customary that this be hung on the front door especially when there is a wedding in the house, but to those Straits born, especially from Malacca and Penang, the "cai " is also put up during Chinese New Year to usher into the NEW year.


Bless the Freeze

Next Exchange


Now that my San Man Originals' ~ Bless the Breeze is complete....(minus the buttons and the beads), I will need to concentrate on my Valentine's Exchanges...2 of it. Will not be able to post the pics yet......until both my partners receive the items afterall its supposed to be coming from an admirer ! ;)

My biscornu for an exchange due on February 2nd is done.....Whew !....well at least I am pretty pleased with this one............after several trials....Now I hoped my partner will be glad to receive it ! Will post the picture once it arrives at its new home.

And I have received words that my RR has arrived at its destination. Yippie ! hurray !


No comments: